Maurizio Bozzi was born in Voghera, Italy on June 1, 1971.
He received the MSc degree in Electronic Engineering and the PhD in Electronics and Computer Science from the University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy, in 1996 and 2000 respectively.
In 2002 he joined the Department of Electronics (now Department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering), University of Pavia, Italy, where he is now an Associate Professor of Electromagnetic Fields.
He currently teaches the courses of “Antennas and Propagation” and “Computational Electromagnetics” in the graduate course of Electrical Engineering at the School of Engineering of the University of Pavia.
(1) M. Pasian, M. Bozzi, and L. Perregrini, “A Formula for Radiation Loss in Substrate Integrated Waveguide,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 62, No. 10, pp. 2205-2213,Oct. 2014.
(2) M. Bozzi and L. Perregrini, “Mini-Special Issue on 2014 IEEE International Conference on Numerical Electromagnetic Modeling and Optimization for RF, Microwave, and Terahertz Applications (NEMO2014) [Guest Editorial],” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 63, No.1, pp. 1-2, Jan. 2015.
(3) R. Moro, S. Agneessens, H. Rogier, A. Dierck, and M. Bozzi, “Textile Microwave Components in Substrate Integrated Waveguide Technology,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, Vol. 63, No. 2, pp. 422-432, Feb. 2015.
(4) A. Giannini, F. Pelorossi, M. Pasian, M. Bozzi, L. Perregrini, P. Besso, and L. Garramone, “The Sardinia Radio Telescope Upgrade to Telemetry, Tracking and Command: Beam Squint and Electromagnetic Compatibility Design,” IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 177-191, Feb.2015.
(5) M. Pasian, M. Bozzi, and L. Perregrini, “Crosstalk in Substrate Integrated Waveguides,” IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 80-86, Feb. 2015.
(6) R. Moro, S. Moscato, M. Bozzi, and L. Perregrini, “Substrate Integrated Folded Waveguide Filter with Out-of-Band Rejection Controlled by Resonant-Mode Suppression,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 214-216, April 2015.
September 2000 - Microwave Engineering Center for Space Applications (MECSA) Award for the best paper presented by a young researcher at the 2000 Italian Conference on Electromagnetics (XIII RiNEm).
August 2002 - Philips Award for the Best Young Scientist Paper at the XXVII General Assembly of URSI (International Union of Radio Science), held in Maastricht (The Netherlands).
August 2002 - Young Scientist Award for attending the XXVII General Assembly of URSI (International Union of Radio Science), held in Maastricht (The Netherlands).
June 2012 - Recipient of the First Prize in the Contest for Innovative Ideas - Confederation of italian industries (Unione Industriali) for the project "Autonomous and eco-friendly sensor networks".
Aug. 2014 - 2014 Premium Award for Best Paper in Electronics Letters: R. Moro, S. Agneessens, H.Rogier, and M. Bozzi, “Wearable textile antenna in substrate integrated waveguide technology”, Electronics Letters, Volume 48, Issue 16, 2012, pp. 985-987.