Electronic CAD; neural networks; optimization; high-frequency electronic/electromagnetic modeling and design; methodologies and tools for designing high-speed/high-frequency electronic circuits in wired and wireless electronic systems; neural network and optimization methods for modeling and design of electromagnetic structures and microelectronic devices and circuits.
• Fellow of the Canadian Academy of Engineering
• Fellow of Electromagnetics Academy
• Member of Editorial Board, IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques
• Member of Editorial Board, International Journal of Numerical Modeling
• Associate Editor of International Journal of RF and Microwave CAE
• Member of Technical Committee on CAD (MTT-1) of the IEEE MTT Society
• Member of Technical Program Review Committee, IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium, Anaheim, CA (2010); and Baltimore, MD (2011)
Selected Publications (2013-2014)
(1) F. Feng, C. Zhang, V. Gongal-Reddy, Q.J. Zhang and J.G. Ma, “Parallel space mapping approach to EM optimization,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 1135-1148, 2014.
(2) W.C. Na and Q.J. Zhang, “Automated knowledge-based neural network modeling for microwave applications,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters , (accepted March 27, 2014).
(3) Y. Tian, F. He, Q.J. Zhang , C.M. Tan, and J.G. Ma, “Rapid ULSI Interconnect Reliability Analysis Using Neural Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Device and Material Reliability , vol. 14, No. 1, pp.400-407, March 2014.
(4) S.A. Sadrossadat, Y. Cao and Q.J. Zhang, “Parametric modeling of microwave passive components using sensitivity-analysis-based adjoint neural network technique,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 1733-1747, May 2013.
(5) Y. Cao, G. Wang, P. Gunupudi and Q.J. Zhang, “Parametric modeling of microwave passive components using combined neural networks and transfer functions in the time and frequency domains,” International Journal RF and Microwave CAE , vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 20-33,Jan. 2013.