Dr. Shuqian Cao, received his Ph.D. in Dynamics and Control from Tianjin University, is currently a professor of Mechanics in the School of Mechanical Engineering, Tianjin University. He is now the vice president of the school, the director of Tianjin Key Laboratory of Nonlinear Dynamics and Chaos Control, as well as the executive member of the Modal Analysis and Test Professional Committee, China Vibration Engineering Academic Society.
Ph D (General Mechanics/Dynamics and Control), Tianjin University, 2003.
MS (General Mechanics/Dynamics and Control), Tianjin University, 1989.
BS (Applied Mechanics), Tianjin University, 1984.
Professor Cao’s research effort is focused on machine and structure dynamics, especially on the theory and applications of nonlinear dynamics in rotary machines, covering the fields of aero-engines, gas turbines and combustion engines. As a director of the sub-project of National Basic Research Program of China (973 Project), he is now taking charge of the sub-project of Fault Trace-to-Source and Vibration Transmission of Birotor-Bearing-Cartridge-Receiver. Another of his interests is in the dynamics and control of piezoelectric structures. He and his co-workers have developed several types of bistable piezo-magneto-elastic energy harvesters. He has taken charge of 3 projects of NSFC and 3 projects of TJNSFC. He and his co-workers have published over 60 papers and 3 books. His book, Modal Analysis of Vibration Structures, has been cited over 1700. As the main winner, he won the National Prize for Progress in Science and Technology in 2005 and China Patent Award of Excellence in 2010.
Selected Publications (2011-2013)
(1) Shuqian Cao, Wende Zhang, Longxiang Xiao. Modal Analysis of Vibration Structures (2ndEd), in Chinese. Tianjin University Press, Tianjin, 2014.9.
(2) Kangkang Guo, Shuqian Cao. Nonlinear dynamics and electricity generation performance of a bistable piezoelectric cantilever generator: Numerical and experimental study. The 5th International Conference on Nonlinear Science and Complexity (NSC2014), August 4-9, 2014, Xi’an, China.
(3) Feng Zhao, Shuqian Cao. The study of inherent vibration characteristics of structures under dry friction. The 21st International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV2014), 13-17 July, 2014, Beijing, China.
(4) Kangkang Guo, Shuqian Cao. A modified Lindstedt-Poincaré method for obtaining periodic resonant solutions of nonlinear non-autonomous oscillators. Transactions of Tianjin University (Trans. Tianjin Univ.), 2014, 20: 066-071.
(5) Hua Li , Shuqian Cao. The double pendulum model and nonlinear dynamic characteristics of the pantograph of high-speed train. ICAMM2012, 2012.11.24, Sanya China, Applied Mechanics and Materials, 2013, Vol275-277: 767-770.
(6) Shu Sun, Shuqian Cao. Dynamic modeling and analysis of a bistable piezoelectric cantilever power generation system. Acta Phys. Sin., 2012, 61(21): 210505-1~12.
(7) Jiao Yang, Shuqian Cao. Dynamic response analysis of turbocharger rotor of uav during hovering movements. The 16th International Conference on Mechatronics Technology (ICMT2012), 2012.10.16-19, 472-476, Tianjin, China.
(8) Jian Gao, Shuqian Cao. Second-order approximation of primary resonance of a disk-type piezoelectric stator for traveling wave vibration. Nonlinear Dynamics, 2010, 61(4): 591-603.
(9) Jian Gao, Shuqian Cao. Primary resonance of a disk-type stator for rotary traveling wave ultrasonic motor. Int. J. Nonlinear Sci., 2007, 8(4): 561-569.
(10) Shuqian Cao, Xiaohui Xin, Qian Ding. Numerical analysis of large turbine rotor system under the nonlinear oil-film force and Alford force. DCDIS-B, 2007.8, 14: 213-217.
Selected Awards and Honors
(1) Outstanding Teacher Award of Tianjin, 2014.
(2) China Patent Award of Excellence, 2010.
(3) Excellent Paper in the 18thCongress of National Structure Engineering, 2009.
(4) National Prize for Progress in Science and Technology, 2005