Board of Directors
TIEI aims to promote the construction and management of the institute, further enhance exchange and cooperation between TIEI and the society. The Board of Directors is thus set up by TIEI for education open to the society with participation of the representatives of relevant stakeholders in institute operation. The Board of Directors serves as an advisory, consultative, deliberative and supervisory body, which supports the development of the institute, realizing scientific decision-making, democratic supervision and social engagement of TIEI.
1. The Main Roles of the Board of Directors:
(1) Maintain close connections with the society and strive to increase its service capacity for the society by establishing a long-term cooperation mechanism with relevant parties.
(2) Further promote the democratic decision-making by ensuring that the opinions of relevant parties are fully heard before making decisions on major issues related to the reform and development of TIEI.
(3) Mobilize social support and enrich the ways and means of social participation and support in running the institute by exploring and deepening the reform of the school-running system of TIEI;
(4) Improve the supervision mechanism by upgrading the supervision and evaluation mechanism of the society for institute operation and management activities to enhance the sense of
2. Members of the Board of Directors include representatives of the following parties.
Representatives of Tianjin University and Ecole Polytechnique de l Université Cote d Azur ; relevant persons in charge of the university and functional departments, persons in charge of relevant academic organizations, and representatives of faculty members and students; representatives of the local governments, industrial organizations and well-known enterprises at home and abroad that support the operation and development of the institute. Representatives from Tianjin University and external representatives account for 50% respectively.
The Executive Committee
TIEI has set up the Executive Committee, which is composed of leaders of TIEI, representatives of Polytech Nice Sophia, coordinators of TIEI specialty programs, representatives of supervisors andfaculty members of TIEI, senior professors, and experts from the enterprises or the industry.
The Executive Committee is the administrative body of TIEI, the work of which is directly responsible to the Board of Directors, with the following responsibilities:
(1) Organize research and finalize the medium and long-term development plans and
organizational framework of TIEI;
(2) Participate in the formulation of the management system and work procedures of TIEI,
(3) Organize and prepare for meetings, and prepare meeting materials and topics for discussion.
(4) Participate in the formulation of development programs for specialties of TIEI.
(5) Set clear cultivation objectives of the programs, and build the structure of professional
knowledge, ability and quality in line with the objectives.
(6) Formulate (revise) the cultivation program of professional talents.
(7) Complete other tasks assigned by the Board of Directors.
The Enterprise Club is the advisory body set up for the professional construction of the institute, which was established together with TIEI (Appendix B.f). It is jointly founded by the institute and well-known enterprises at home and abroad. The Club is composed of chief engineers or technical directors of large enterprises and multinational corporations at home and abroad, as well as experts from various industry associations and organizations. As a non-profit organization with voluntary membership for enterprises, the Enterprise Club aims to reserve outstanding talents for member enterprises by exploring the dual-track cultivation mechanism between enterprises and the institute, and thus build a reliable platform for the training of practical ability of talents for TIEI.
The main responsibilities of the Enterprise Club are as follows:
(1) Provide advice and suggestions for the construction of TIEI.
(2) Enterprise representatives can discuss and deliberate with the institute on issues related to talent cultivation of TIEI by bringing forward their opinions and suggestions to the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, including: the development direction of TIEI, majors offered by the institute, cultivation program, curriculum provision, teaching content, required abilities of graduate students and students’ internship in enterpise
Teaching Steering Committee
To guide the professional construction of disciplines. To form training programs about the development of professional personnel and teaching practice base construction. To improve the curriculum system. To develop interdisciplinary system. To promote and conduct the teaching reform. To hold a teaching steering committee meeting every 15 days. Participants include: the dean, the deputy dean in charge of teaching, the deputy dean in charge of administration, discipline heads and grade heads.
Practical Teaching Steering Committee
To develop and improve the students’ internship supervision approach. To prepare internship report outline and internship assessment methods. To carry out internship enterprise qualification examination and internship performance examination. To ensure internship safety. The Practical Teaching Steering Committee meets once every semester.
Teaching Supervision Group
The Group consists of senior faculty. To be student-oriented, and carry out comprehensive supervision on student academic performance and campus life. To assist the institute to carry out the teaching quality evaluation and examination supervision as well as inspection. The Teaching Supervision Group currently consists of seven senior teachers and meets three times every semester.