Board of Directors
In order to push on the construction and management of TIEI, promote the connection and cooperation between institute and society, face society to conduct open education, TIEI sets up a board of directors, attended by the representative of the university related aspects. The board of directors is a consultation to support the development, consultation, negotiation, review and supervision of institute, achieving the scientific decision-making, democratic supervision and social participation of the institute.
The first board of directors of Tianjin International Engineering Institute (TIEI) was established on April 24, 2015. The meeting participants included Philippe Gourbesville, director of Polytech Nice-Sophia, Jiajun Li,Secretary of the Party Committee of Tianjin University, Deputy President Jianxing Yu, President Assistant as well as representatives from nearly 20 domestic and foreign well-known enterprises such as Management Committee of Tianjin Binhai High and New Tech Development Zone, Siemens and ZTE corporation, heads of Office of Academic Affairs, Research Institute, Undergraduate School and Department of International Cooperation and Exchange, and teacher representatives and foreign teacher representatives of colleges such as telecommunication, construction, building, computer and literacy.
In the meeting, Chairman, Vice-Chairman and 38 members were selected, in which there are 25 members from French and international enterprises, Prof Jiajun Li, Secretary of the Party Committee of Tianjin University serves as the Chairman. The meeting reviewed and approved the charter of Board of Directors of Tianjin International Engineering Institute. All enterprise representatives expressed that they will fully cooperation and support the work of TIEI and create the university-enterprise cooperation platform with the institute to jointly training engineers in accordance with the enterprise demands.
1. The main functions of the board of directors:
· Close social connection, promote social service ability, and establish long-term cooperation with the relevant mechanism.
· Expand democratic decision-making, ensure the important matters related institute reform and development before the decision, and be able to fully listen to the relevant aspects.
· Strive for social support, arouse social participation and support the ways and methods of university education, explore and boost institute running system reform.
· Perfect the supervision mechanism, improve the social supervision about activities of institute running and management, evaluation mechanism, and promote consciousness of social responsibility.
2. Representatives of the board of director members include the following aspects :
Tianjin University, Nice Polytechnic representative, the relevant person in charge of university, functional departments and the relevant academic organizations, teachers, student representatives; the local government, industry organizations, the representative of the well-known enterprises at home and abroad who support the institute education and the development. Representatives of Tianjin University and external representatives occupy 50% each.
3. The responsibility of the board of directors:
· Deliberate and pass rules of the board of directors, charter amendment.
· Elect director and deputy director; decide the supplemented or exit directors.
· Listen to work statement of the institute, guide and consult the educational philosophy, development strategy, the planning of implementation, talents cultivation, university-enterprise cooperation and financial budget of institute.
· Deliberate institute scheme of social cooperation and university-enterprise cooperation and put forward consulting advice.
· Strive for social support, expand the social participation and support the ways and methods of university running.
· Participate in the review quality of institute running, conduct evaluation of institute running characteristics and the education quality, and put forward rational suggestions or advice.
4. Regular Meeting Regulation of Board of Directors, at least one general meeting (online meeting) shall be convened each semester to discuss the schooling policies, formulate budget and determine the specific courses, training solutions and others.
TIEI sets up the executive committee. Executive committee takes the member system. Committee members include Nice Polytechnic contact personnel, related functional departments of Tianjin University, representatives of the teachers of teaching institutes and the international engineering institute.
The executive committee is directly responsible for the board of directors, and its specific duties are as follows:
· To organize, study and formulate long-term development planning and organizational structure.
· To participate in setting up institute management system and working procedures.
· To organize and prepare to convene the board of directors meeting of institute and development committee meeting, prepare materials and discussing issues of the meetings above.
· To complete other tasks assigned by the board of directors.
The Development Committees of all majors are the consultancy and supervision institutions for major building of the institute and shall participate in formulating major development plan under the leadership of dean in charge; clarifying the training objectives of majors; building the professional knowledge, capabilities and quality structure that adapts to the training objectives; and formulating the training program for special talents. The committee consists of 15~17 members, who are chief engineers or technical directors of domestic and foreign large enterprises or multinational companies, experts of all industrial associations or organizations, deans and senior professors. The enterprise or industrial experts shall account a percentage of no less than 30%.
Teaching Steering Committee
To guide the professional construction of disciplines. To form training programs about the development of professional personnel and teaching practice base construction. To improve the curriculum system. To develop interdisciplinary system. To promote and conduct the teaching reform. To hold a teaching steering committee meeting every 15 days. Participants include: the dean, the deputy dean in charge of teaching, the deputy dean in charge of administration, discipline heads and grade heads.
Academic Steering Committee
To be responsible for academic early warning. To hold regular meetings to focus on student assistance measures and discuss the decisions. To urge students to successfully complete their studies through the coordination among the school, parents and students. The Academic Steering Committee meets twice every semester.
Practical Teaching Steering Committee
To develop and improve the students’ internship supervision approach. To prepare internship report outline and internship assessment methods. To carry out internship enterprise qualification examination and internship performance examination. To ensure internship safety. The Practical Teaching Steering Committee meets once every semester.
Teaching Supervision Group
The Group consists of senior faculty. To be student-oriented, and carry out comprehensive supervision on student academic performance and campus life. To assist the institute to carry out the teaching quality evaluation and examination supervision as well as inspection. The Teaching Supervision Group currently consists of seven senior teachers and meets three times every semester.