Course Name: Architecture Design I for Undergraduate Grade 2
Course Code: S2293190
Semester: Spring Semester
Course Module: Elective
Responsible: TU, You
Department: School of Architecture
Time Allocation(1 credit hour = 45 minutes)
Architecture design 1 is one of the core courses for architecture undergraduate students. The topic of this course is mountain villa design.
Through the design of a small or medium building, such as mountain villa, the students
Through the study of this course, the students are required to learn the fundamental design approaches, to understand the major procedures, to grasp the basic principles of architecture design.
They are also required to learn site analysis, function classification, human flow organization, structural knowledge, and try to express their idea with architectural vocabulary.
More than these, the students are required to learn the skills of drawing the plan, elevation and section of the building strictly follow the requirement of the standard of structural drawing. Other relative building criterial are also required to learn.
Plan conceiving 8hr
Sketch & Preliminary model 16hr
Medium design evaluation 4hr
Plan development 16hr
Drawing & Model 16hr
Final design evaluation 4hr
Textbooks & References
1. Combination of Building Space, Yigang Peng, China Architecture & Building Press, 2008.
2. Architecture:Form, Space & Order, Francis D. K. Ching, Tianjin University Press, 2008.
3. Lessons for Students in Architecture, Herman Hertzberger, Tianjin University Press, 2008.
4. Villa Design, Ying Zou, Hongbin Bian, China Architecture & Building Press, 2000.
5. Code for Design of Civil Buildings(GB50352-2005), China Architecture & Building Press, 2005.
6. Code of Design on Building Fire Protection and Prevention(GB50016-2006), China Architecture & Building Press, 2006.
7. Design Code for Residential Buildings(GB50096-2011), China Architecture & Building Press, 2011.
CT2: To apply relevant professional knowledge to the field of science and technology: understanding of the basic concepts and its connotation, application of different methods and concepts which have been learned, capability of judging the scope and limitations of such applications.
CT3: To grasp methodologies and engineering tools: identifying, utilizing and solving problems. Even if the students are not familiar with the content, they can turn to computer tools for systematic analysis.
CT8: To understand social demands.
CS1: Apply design software and performance software for intelligent design of ecological building;
• To understand the procedures and learn the fundamental principles and methods of architecture design –Level: N
• To apply structure, material and indoor environment knowledge in architecture design –Level: M
• To grasp the skills of drawing the plan, elevation and section of the building –Level: M