Academic Appointments@ Tianjin university (China)
Associate Professor Department of Civil Engineering 2011-
lecturer Department of Civil Engineering 2008-2011
Visiting scholar University of southern California 2016-2017
Education @ Tianjini University (China) and Zhengzhou University (China)
Tianjini University Ph.D. Civil Engineering 2005-2008
Tianjin University M.Sc. Civil Engineering 2003-2005
Zhengzhou Unviersity B.Sc. Civil Engineering 1999-2003
Awards and Honors
2014 Beiyang Scholar, Tianjin University, Tianjin, 300072 China
1. Site seismic response and elastic wave scattering
2. Environmental vibration due to high speed trains
3. Seismic wave propagation
4. Computer Numerical Methods
1. National Natural Science Foundation of China, Research on Seismic wave scattering of typical three- dimensional complex sites based on the orthotropic medium, No. 51578373, 2016.01-2019.12, Host.
2. National Natural Science Foundation of China, 3D scattering of elastic waves by an alluvial valley embedded in layered elastic and saturated half-space, No. 50908156, 2011.01-2012.12, Host.
3. Tianjin Research Program of Application Foundation and Advanced Technology, Study on 3D nonlinear site seismic response of channel and palaeochannel sites in saturated soft soil areas, No. 16JCYBJC21600, 2016.03-2019.4, Host.
4. Tianjin Research Program of Application Foundation and Advanced Technology, Dynamic response of layer saturated soft foundation due to high speed train loads, No. 12JCQNJC04700, 2012.04-2015.03, Host
1. Ba ZN, Yin X. Wave scattering of complex local site in a layered half-space by using a multi-domain IBEM: incident plane SH waves, Geophys. J. Int., 2016, 205: 1382-1405 (SCI)
2. Ba ZN, Liang JW, Lee VW. Wave propagation of buried spherical SH-, P1-, P2- and SV-waves in a layered poroelastic half-space, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering,2016,88: 237-255 (SCI)
3. Ba ZN, Liang JW, Lee VW, Ji H. 3D dynamic response of a multi-layered transversely isotropic half-space subjected to a moving point load along a horizontal straight line with constant speed, international journal of solids and structures, 2016, DOI: 10.1016 (SCI).
4. Ba ZN, Liang JW, Zhang YJ. Scattering and diffraction of plane SH-waves by periodically distributed canyons, Earthquake engineering and engineering vibration, 2016,15(2): 325-339 (SCI)
5. Ba ZN, Wang JY, Liang JW, Reduction of train-induced vibrations by using a trench in a layered half-space, Journal of Vibroengineering, 2016, 18: 1742-1764 (SCI)
6. Ba ZN, Liang JW. Dynamic response analysis of periodic alluvial valleys under incident plane SH-waves, Journal of Earthquake engineering, 2016, DOI:10.1080 (SCI)
7. Ba ZN, Liang JW. 3-D scattering of obliquely incident Rayleigh waves by a saturated alluvial valley in a layered half-space, Journal of Vibroengineering, 2015, 17: 4057-4647 (SCI)
8. Ba ZN, Liang JW. 2.5D Scattering of Incident Plane SV Waves by a Canyon in Layered Half-Space，Earthquake engineering and engineering vibration, 2010, 9: 587-595 (SCI)